[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Priorities and Ideas (for GSoC)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 09:04:06 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Jameson Quinn <jameson.quinn at gmail.com> wrote:

>> My fourth priority is other educational activities. There are hundreds of
>> good ideas out there.
>
> Just to clarify: this is not to denigrate activities. In the end, Sugar will
> stand or fall on its activities. But my attitude here is "if you build it,
> they will come"; we have to take care of the other priorities, so that
> people are motivated to make/bring more activities.

The bottom line is that we will be getting at most two students from
GSoC this year. (We have  5-1 ratio of mentors to mentees.) So I would
propose that we think of your taxonomy and what ever framework we put
into place as something to apply more broadly across all the sources
of students coming to Sugar Labs with project ideas.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs