[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Running sugar at almost-native speeds in Windows

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 13 09:10:37 EDT 2009

On 12.03.2009, at 21:12, Dave Bauer wrote:

> Ok, I was able to take the Virtualbox VM and conver it to run in
> Parallels, but its not easy and you definitely need to install the
> Parallels Tools. I also have created a new Parallels native VM based
> on SoaS slightly modifying the instructions to build the VM on
> Virtualbox.

Great that you got it to work in Parallels!

I switched to VMWare Fusion a while ago, it has much better support
for "not officially supported" Linux distributions. Like, whenever a
new X server comes out, Parallels needs a year to get their display
driver updated (and if you are unlucky like me you would have to pay
again for an upgrade to get it). With VMware I just recompiled the
driver and was done.

- Bert -