[Sugar-devel] Home Activity resume issues still in Soas2-200903061846?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Mar 12 13:32:30 EDT 2009

On 12 Mar 2009, at 09:08, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 05:28, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Just wondered if the auto resume from home is meant to be fixed now
>> in
>> Soas2-200903061846? I saw the patches from Tomeu go past quite a
>> while
>> ago. For me in Soas2-200903061846 it's still causing duplicate
>> instances of an activity rather than actually switching the the
>> existing instance. An rpm -q sugar says:
>>
>>        sugar-0.84.0-1.fc11.i586
>>
>> Hopefully just something broken with F11 (maybe dbus? I'm guessing
>> badly).
>
> Should be working, though I haven't found yet a way to run Soas2. How
> are you running that image?

With my shiny new Intel Mac I can finally run the various virtual
machine solutions :-) Just started with installing Sun's xVM
VirtualBox for now:

	http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Then grabbed the latest Soas iso:

	http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200903061846.iso

And then followed the below steps, you only need steps 1...21, the
rest is if you want to build vdi files for others to use:

	http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick_VirtualBox/Preparing_a_disk_image

Here's a quick screen grab of the 3 vms tested so far, the prebuilt
Soas-7.vdi (middle) looks to have some extra tricks I'd like to work
out (particularly like it's resolution tweaks though fonts are a
little small). I have the vm networking set on the default NAT, and
they can all get to the jabber.sugarlabs.org server and do basic
collaboration i.e Chat seems ok, but Write does not – haven't nailed
that down yet, tempted to start testing all this with known working
OLPC builds such as 767 and 801: