[Sugar-devel] [Etoys] [ANNOUNCE] FreeCell activity

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:13:21 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> I was going to write a message about how cumbersome it is to use the
> datastore, like how a simple 3 liner (open file, append log entry, close
> file) becomes a 20-line program, but at least for now we have to live with
> that anyway. If you are interested, I attached a snippet demonstrating that
> file logging, using the Journal if running in Sugar.

I'd be interested to read that message and see some proposals for
making it easier.  One of my great hopes for 0.86 is the promotion of
additional means of activity development besides Python.  Interaction
with the Journal is going to be an important requirement whether it is
from Sqeak, JavaScript, SWF, or whatever.

Wade