[Sugar-devel] string changes for 0.84.1

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:06:25 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:53, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> chances are that some of the bugs we get to fix during 0.84.1 will
> require string changes.
>
> What do people think about bundling all those string changes together
> in one single update in something like one or two weeks? Then
> translators can translate those in one go before 0.84.1 is out.

Today is UserInterfaceFreeze for Ubuntu jaunty, which includes a
string freeze, so although the Ubuntu release is on April 23 we won't
be able to ship 0.84.1 if there are string changes.

The best approach for Ubuntu packaging in this case would be to apply
0.84.1 patches which fix bugs and which don't have string changes, to
the 0.84.0 packages.

Regards
Morgan