[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Design for a.sl.o and sugarlabs

,Josh williams joshcwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:01:47 EST 2009

Eben Eliason wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> I'm wondering how we can move forward on this. I see two possibilities:
>>
>> - keep insisting to the Design team to give feedback on your mockups
>> and reach an agreement with them after a number if iterations.
>>

> Christian and I both gave some feedback on what must have been another
> thread.  I think we should go through a few iterations if we could, to
> bring the wireframe of sorts into a fleshed out design consistent with
> the Sugar Labs web presence.  A few suggestions were: use an official
> Sugar Labs logo and colors; use a solid white background; scratch the
> gradients (which aren't part of our visual language); likewise no
> bevels; and perhaps a design for the content areas that doesn't feel
> quite as "enclosed".
>
> We should also discuss a bit the ways we want the site to work.  I
> know that Josh has been designing to an XO-sized display, but there
> are of course ways to make the page scalable as well, which we might
> consider.

Yeah, we could make the site a percentage based-width, with a
max/min-width like the mozilla guys do it, or set the width with ems to
have a truly scalable site (which I think is a very good option). The XO
actually has a fairly decent resolution, so I don't think it would hurt
anyone else's browsing experience to just have a fixed width.

Regards,

Josh