[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Booting SoaS on a PC and on an XO with the same stick (Yes, it can be done)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Mar 3 17:26:52 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 01:54:27PM -0500, Ton van Overbeek wrote:
> While browsing the liveusb-creator source on
> https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/browser
> I noticed that it should be possible to boot SoaS directly on the XO.

There are some tools to create a Soas image from either an .iso or
just RPMs (well, an F10 system and lots of RPMs, anyway) at

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mainline/trees/master

...and some rougher ones (but work for me, on my XO), at my clone
(notably, the livecd-iso-to-xo.sh):

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mtds-clone/trees/master

There are no instructions I know of except: "use the 'build' script"
and ask on freenode.net's #sugar IRC channel, but sometimes it's even
just useful to know it's been done a few times already.  For example,
I was interested to know that you did it from Windows.

> Ton van Overbeek

Martin