[Sugar-devel] Full Licence field

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Sun Mar 1 19:21:46 EST 2009

<quote who="Bernie Innocenti" date="Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 12:53:34AM +0100">
> Seems like a great idea to me... But I think it already came up some
> time ago, and I vaguely remember that RH legal blocked it because the
> license itself -- not just a symlink to it -- had to accompany the
> package.

Well, including common licenses so that they be shown from within
applications certainly does not preclude shipping a copy of the license
with the application and would still be a very useful thing in this case
and in others. The top 10 licenses aren't big either so space
constraints shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe if we choose the same location and naming scheme used in Debian
and Ubuntu, this could be very solved very easily.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto