[Sugar-devel] easier installation of soas

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Sun Mar 1 18:56:39 EST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks Eben
>
> In theory the logo printing is on the other side of the stick
>
> these "candidate" sticks are translucent plastic, and plastic is
> generally cheaper than metal, and especially colored (i.e. non-black
> or silver or gold) metal.

I meant to imply that black or white plastic looks less cheap to me,
and did not mean to imply that we should provide meta.  Unfortunately,
translucent plastic actually looks the cheapest, but oh well. (Who
knows, maybe it is the cheapest, and that's a Good Thing ;) )

> I have made the case to Christian (cf. the thread) that inverting the
> palette colors, e.g. a colored stick with a white logo (transition
> color outline) will be more impactful than a white stick with a
> colored logo (same transition color outline). He has promised to mock
> that up in the next few days so we will have an idea.

Right.  I think one or the other needs to be colorless, so a white
logo would probably work fine.  Let me just take this moment to
suggest that the logo will read far better in general on an opaque
background! (Does this provider have the option for non-translucent
sticks?)

- Eben