[Sugar-devel] easier installation of soas

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Sun Mar 1 15:30:00 EST 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 03:01:15PM -0500, Eben Eliason wrote:
>
>> This assumption, however, excludes the Windows-using majority.
>
> Only if it's the only option, which wasn't my intention.

Good point; that's fair.  On the other hand, I think that another
barrier to entry is the amount of specialization and/or text required
to get people to the right download and to guide the installation.  We
can certainly have separate pages for various distros and OSes as
necessary, but it would be ideal to have a 3 step process that worked
for everyone, eg.

1) Download the SoaS file for [windows] [linux] or [mac]
2) Plug in a USB drive that's 1GB or larger
3) Click the thing that's named/looks-like 'X' to make your Sugarstick
4) You're done!

- Eben