[Sugar-devel] Flossmanuals?

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Fri Jun 26 10:49:31 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:35, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit skeptical about using flossmanuals for co-writing and
> translating Sugar's documentation.
>
> What are the real benefits over a simple wiki?

Some points:

   - It's what we use already. ("If it ain't broke, don't fix it")
   - It supports easy exporting to a variety of formats
   - FLOSSManuals has infrastructure for print-on-demand dead-tree
   publishing
   - FM's software is explicitly designed for the task
   - FM supports easy remixing of content and creation of custom books
   pooling from a variety of on-site sources
   - There is a community of tech writers who use it.

More importantly, what are the benefits/reasons-in-favor of changing to a
"simple wiki"?
--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc