[Sugar-devel] [Localization] French Help Activity

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:06:33 EDT 2009

Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> writes:

> Indeed, at my first contact with Sugar as a G1G1 donor I had found the
> Help Activity extremely useful.

I released an alpha version for the help activity in french:

  http://relire.org/xo/Helpfr.xo

I've worked a lot on the HTML pages.  I ditched the flossmanuals layout
as much as possible, I think it takes too much space on the page.

> I actually think it would be better to provide easy access to Help in
> every context, as done elsewhere, so not necessarily an Activity.
>
> The frame would be the logical place, but there is also a learning
> curve with making the frame appear/disappear (except of course on the
> XO which has a key for it).

I think it woudn't make sense to always have a '?' in the frame.

Rather, activity developers could decide whether the activity has its
own '?' somewhere in the menu (near the 'Quit' button?).  Which would
mean each developer would be responsible for writing documentation
for its activity...

> Again, I suspect grownup users of Windows will encounter more
> difficulty than kids - the Help may be more for Teachers than
> Learners...

Every user likes to have a "help" button for an activity, wherever they
come from.

--
 Bastien