[Sugar-devel] Linuxtag - What is left to do to make it a success?

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sun Jun 21 04:50:17 EDT 2009

On 06/18/2009 11:13 AM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 06/18/2009 10:57 AM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:59:53AM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>>
>>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Events/LinuxTag2009
>> Quoting that page:
>>
>>> Not permitted by Linuxtag:
>>> * wireless access points (You are not permitted to operate your
>>> private wireless LAN. Please take this serious. There will be several
>>> site surveys to ensure this.)
>>> * connect visitors to the project's network
>> Does this mean you can't show off collaboration?
>>
>> CU Sascha
>>

> I sent that question to the Linuxtag team this morning. Will post here
> the results.
>
> Cheers,
>      Simon

We are ok for the mesh. "We don't want to much traffic in the dedicated
Exhibition Network, because we want to prevent problems at the booth
with slow internet access. But if you want to create a WLAN without a
connection to the exibition network e.g. to create a mash network, so
feel free to do this."

Everything is fine then,
    Simon