[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Important: Please test the new Snapshot!

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Jun 19 21:24:33 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm happy to announce eventually the availability of a new SoaS
snapshot, which is one of the last snapshots on our way to the v1
"Strawberry" release. I think it should be really mentioned that this
wouldn't have been possible without Simon, who did great work on fixing
sample content and activity installation issues. And this brings me to
the changes this snapshot introduces.

* You'll get sample content (#840) - Gary worked this out.
- Please report if you encounter a "journal full" message or not!

* The shiny new boot screen has now been introduced (#709).

* Activities get installed in a new way (#929) to preserve mimetypes.

So again, please please test this! And if you've got some spare minutes,
run through some activities and report it if they don't work. If there's
any must-have activity on a.sl.o we haven't already included, please let
me know, too.

Finally, what's coming up next? As the final image for the June 24
release will be composed today (!), there will be another snapshot
before. There, we'll introduce minor changes and also try to fix #730,
which should make SoaS working again on some VIA hardware.

In the meantime, grab the snapshot from here (sorry, no appliance images
for now, as we really focus on the live media for the release):

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200906191638.iso

That's it for now. I'm going to get some sleep, work will continue later
today. Happy testing and please ping me, also on IRC, if there's
anything urgent.

Cheers,
--Sebastian