[Sugar-devel] Getting Sugar to run on certain mac chipsets

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:36:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Caryl Bigenho<cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ah Ha!
> You have just opened an interesting can of worms!  When I try to use SoaS
> with boot helper on my MacBook I also get Mac and Windows as my boot
> options. However the Windows image is actually WindowsI since I have it
> installed via Bootcamp.  I need it for some internet sites that don't work
> with Macs (updating my gps and/or initializing an iPod for example) so I
> don't want to take it off.
> So, the question is, will it work with a MacBook that already has a dual
> boot?  I'm sure there is a way to do it in addition to the Virtual Box.
>  Interesting challenge!  Pass it around...go for it!

you should be able to use http://refit.sourceforge.net/ to switch
between multiple installs and boot from various thumb drives/cds and
such.  I had linux, mac and windows at one point on 3 partitions.  I
think I used the mac boot camp assistant to resize the mac partition
in 2, then used gparted to split the windows partition in half
(gparted doesn't like touching mac hfs+ partitions with journaling
enabled, which is the default).  voila, triple booting.