[Sugar-devel] new content bundle

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:43:00 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Rodolfo D. Arce
S.<rodolfoarce at eyuhoo.com> wrote:

> I managed to create a bundle.xol but when i can't find the procedure
> to install it..

<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collections#Installing_one_collection> , I
just added instructions for installing from USB flash drive and
confirmed it works in OLPC 8.2.x.  What software release are you
running?

>i can manually install it by unziping, but i want to
> be able to put it on the schoolserver and get the kids to install from
> there

That also works fine for me in OLPC release 8.2.0/8.2.1. Make sure the
web server specifies the right mime type for .xol, see
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_a_collection#Bundle_hosting>

> another thing.. Although i can access the files from within the file
> system "file:///home/olpc/Library/content/index.html" i can't seem to
> be able to put it on the index page of the browser so kids could
> access from the menu,

That should happen automatically during content bundle installation in
OLPC releases with "OLPC Library" as the Browse home page, see
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Library#Developers:_How_it_works>.  Are you
running a different language?  Maybe it doesn't work in other
languages.

This feature doesn't work in Sugar Labs releases,
http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/574 filed. (My understanding is Sugar
Labs plans unification of library and Journal and/or a dedicated
Library activity).

Hope this helps,

--
=S Page