[Sugar-devel] Problem using sugar-update-control to update large (100+ MB) activity bundles

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:18:49 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Bryan Berry<bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:

> I would like to know if the newer version of sugar-control-update
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-update-control/repos/mainline/blobs/master/src/model.py only transfers the differences between the new and old bundles, thus making the update process much faster. I have stared at the code myself for about 30 minutes and I can't tell. If the newer version of the sugar-update-control is much faster, how much trouble would it be to backport it to 0.82, if even possible?

Bryan,

Looking at the model.py code in git it seems the full bundle is
downloaded since it uses
urlretrieve. So nothing has changed w.r.t. downloading compared with 0.82.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Could you use something like rsync to update the Epaati bundle? That
only transfers
the differences.

Ton van Overbeek