[Sugar-devel] meshing XOs with netbooks (WAS: Re: [Bugs] #79 NORM: SOAS should mesh network when possible)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:20:41 EDT 2009

Hmmm this is an opportunity to display my ignorance and/or confusion,
but my XOs usually just "find" each other on the mesh... a club the
netbooks can't belong to... so back on the XOs I have to hunt and
click on the wireless network for each one (making the other XO
avatars disappear, etc). There's no way to designate a favorite AP I
guess?

I had thought the jabber server was necessary for local
collaboration... which seemed counterintuitive (two machines on the
table needing external Internet + jabber server to see each other).
I'll try the blank field.

I hope the draft mesh in those million XOs is not too different from
the approved mesh :-)

thanks

Sean