[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Help to Find the PO file of Some Activities to able me to Translate Them

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Jun 9 10:21:39 EDT 2009

On 25 May 2009, at 21:02, David Van Assche wrote:

> Well the main thing here is about demoing... I've taken it upon
> myself to package about 50 activities... including fructose and
> glucose... now... we have things like flash which isnt an xo bundle,
> though many people believe it could/should be, and that would/should
> be considered a honey app, but it must be installed via rpm....
> Really the only process required with the new jhconvert alexey has
> been working on is upload to git, then jhconvert creates the
> packages for the all the distros, including the .xo bundles... so
> really we want to make it as easy as authors not having to worry
> about packaging at all... just about uploading their latest source
> to git.sugarlabs.org, the only place the source really needs to
> be... we can automate the rest... but your process is currently the
> only sane thing I've seen written up and it'd be a shame to loose it
> in the anals of archived emails... so better wiki than nothing, no?

OK, well I've added the relevant information into the Activity Team
FAQ for now, but it still seems like a high barrier to ask of
potential new authors (though one step less now thanks to alsroot
making activities.sugarlabs.org send out the [RELEASE] emails):

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Team/FAQ

Regards,
--Gary