[Sugar-devel] problem connecting to irc

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jul 31 07:50:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 04:46:38PM +0530, sumit singh wrote:
> I am trying to connect to the sugar irc but getting this error- Your
> reported hostname is banned: You have a host listed in the DroneBL.
> For more information, visit dronebl.org/lookup_branded.do?
>
> Any ideas about how can this be dealt with?

It has nothing to do with Sugar.  The channel is hosted on a free
service, FreeNode, which has some conditions of use, and these restrict
where connections can be made from.

You will need to resolve the issue causing you to be listed in dronebl
before you can connect to freenode.

You should determine why your IP address is listed.

If you are purchasing IP service from a company, you could ask them for
advice, but the situation is usually caused by someone else who used
your IP before you doing something particularly evil.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/