[Sugar-devel] Reducing Stick Failures - Was Re: [Marketing] press release opportunity...

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Fri Jul 31 07:50:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 22:15, Caroline Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> But anyway, we don't _need_ an expert. Rather an advanced linux user
> >> that can ask the right questions, read shell scripts, inspect a
> >> running system, etc. Already asked in the local linux user groups?
> >
> > Hi Tomeu,
> > I'm trying to put together a wiki page taht explains where we are where
> we
> > need to go coherently then I will reach out to LUGS etc.
> > Can you help me feel confident that I have created such a page?
>
> Oops, almost miss this hidden message ;)
>
> Where is that page?

The Sugar TODO Page is where I am assembling info.

Right now, I think we have 2 potential solutions within our internal
capabilities.

1. Full Install
2. Open Suse solution

My next step is to see if either of these are workable.

I do think its technically feasible to create a stick that will withstand
quite a bit of abuse if we had the experts in the field helping us.  But I'm
just working towards good enough for the fall at this point.

The TODO page will give you a hint as to where I'm heading next.  If Dave
Farning thinks he can do the Clone Activity then I'll probably focus on
trying to get a few more collaboration use cases working.  Collaboration is
so effective, cool and engaging when it works.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office