[Sugar-devel] TamTam sound issues in SoaS

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:51:42 EDT 2009

Hi all,
today I noticed that there's an issue with TamTam on SoaS which results in
no sound being played (except for very short dissonant sounds in
TamTamMini).

Sebastian noted that this is a known issue and asked me to bring it up on
the mailing list so maybe someone can take a look at it and potentially fix
it for SoaS v2 due in late November.

Flipo later mentioned that "Basically there's a small chunk of c code that
deals with alsa communication, we had to do this to have proper timing on
the xo" and this is apparently blocking the correct playback on other non-XO
hardware.

Anyway, this is about as much as I know, hope someone can do something with
this information:-)

Thanks,
Christoph

--