[Sugar-devel] Using Nutch for lesson search in Karma

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:38:43 EDT 2009

> while reading Mike Dawson's e-mail on the SDLI I stumbled across his reference to Nutch >(http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Features) and was now wondering whether this might a >potential solution for lesson search in Karma?
what kind of search do you have in mind?

I mean, the Karma lessons use i18n, so looking some string into the
(plain) html files will only match with the "msgid". or specific text
that don't use i18n.

I have read that nutch can support multiple formats, I think it would
be easy to search into .po/.json files (where the real lang-text
lives).

>> Well, my first thought is if xapian can serve you well, the go for it
>> because it's already installed.
+ 1

--
Felipe López Toledo