[Sugar-devel] python hulahop article

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Mon Jul 27 10:51:29 EDT 2009

XPCOM is self-deprecating. It's excessively costly for both callers
and implementors of its interfaces, both in runtime overhead and in
expressiveness restrictions. We aren't going to drop it but we are
already optimizing around it, and removing it in future APIs.

This doesn't mean multiple programming languages won't be able to call
or implement those APIs. Cc'ing Benjamin Smedberg, who can say more.

/be