[Sugar-devel] Activity as regular objects proposal

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:19:15 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Daniel Drake<dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2009/7/28 Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org>:
>> The problems that 0.84 has in case of activity versions are:
>>
>> * it can't upgrade activities if they were pre-installed from
>>  native packages; it makes process of upgrading activities
>>  from .xo impossible
>
> In reality Sugar's message is confusing here and I don't think any
> distributor will mix-and-match the two ways of installing activities.
> (either they'll use distro packages and disable .xo, or they will
> exclusively use .xo e.g. OLPC).

Sugar on a Stick currently presents this problem, where stock
Activities are installed from packages, but I can use .xos for
anything else. I found that I could go to the Activities directory,
delete a preinstalled Activity directory, and install a later version
by downloading. I wrote this up on [[The undiscoverable]].

> Daniel

And Children are my nation.