[Sugar-devel] GPA Class Notes July 22 - GS

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 08:10:06 EDT 2009

I think that we could do most of the games with the game logic I can
hand off to them in Turtle Art. They won't be doing the back-end
programming, but I think they'll learn a lot and they'll have a lot of
latitude in creating their games.

-walter

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Greg Smith<gregsmithpm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>
> That looks cool. Will it allow the kids to make the games they described?
>
> The hardest one may be the last. From the screen shot, it looks like
> you don't need to learn a lot of Turtle logic to play the game but you
> may need to learn it to create new games.
>
> Do you plan to use this new game type in class tomorrow?
>
> I'll see you then.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg S
>
> *************
> Well, I couldn't help myself:
>
> See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:State-game.png
>
> It was pretty easy to code in Turtle Art :)
>
> -walter
>
> *************
>
>>> Walter has given the kids a challenge to make their own game. They
>>> came up with 6 examples of games they want to make:
>>> 1.  Guatemala. Departments numbered and corresponding to images on the map.
>>> 2. Sports team logos in the US. Then find the state or city for each team.
>>> 3. Presidents. Match pictures of presidents with names.
>>> 4. Presidents mashup (word used by kid!). Take a jumbled up a list of
>>> pictures of presidents and put them in order.
>>> 5. Countries and states in North America.
>>> 6. "Find me". Start with an animation of a spinning globe. Find north
>>> america and show that. Find US, find MA, Find Boston, Find Allston,
>>> Find Gardner Pilot Academy. One kid yelled out then find the desk in
>>> the office.

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org