[Sugar-devel] Activity as regular objects proposal

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Jul 28 06:55:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:38:32PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

>>> To avoid space duplication in LTSP environments, ~/Activities can
>>> contain symlinks to somewhere in /usr if the deployer wants users to
>>> be able to uninstall and upgrade activities.
>> But this won't allow them to downgrade to the system-installed
>> version
>> without using Terminal and fiddling with symlinks.
> Anybody thinks this is worth changing so much code thus introducing
> new bugs?
The more important point is that it also works for people installing
Sugar from packages on their own system, without manual symlink
fiddling. My imagined use case is someone doing a "full" Sugar desktop
installation (by using a corresponding meta package) and wanting to try
out the latest Read release now featuring continuous scrolling (entirely
fictional).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/