[Sugar-devel] TuxPaint and saving to journal (Was: Duplication of effort)

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:36:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Luke Faraone<luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
.... <snip> ....

>> There were some emails in the past on how Tux Paint can't save to the
>> Journal so you can't use it with Memorize, etc.
>
> Odd, it used to.
>
> So, is the solution to fix the bug, or to rewrite Tux Paint?

TuxPaint has never been able to save drawings to the journal.
I have volunteered to try to add this to TuxPaint, but in order to do this
I need the low-level dbus interface to the journal (or glib-dbus interface).
This does not seem to be documented anywhere.
Even the python API does not seem to be documented.
The only thing I can find are the copy to/from journal python functions.
Where is the stable(?) API to the journal/datastore described?
Especially with all the discussions about tagging, sorting, etc. I'd like
to know which parts of the API are stable and which are subject to change.

Hope somebody has some pointers, either to docs or to code in
other C activities.

Ton van Overbeek