[Sugar-devel] Duplication of effort

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:55:03 EDT 2009

Luke,

A logo-compliant (not the right word, but the concept is similar)
Sugar app needs to interface with the Journal.  It should have a
toolbar.  Ideally, it should support some kind of collaboration or
sharing.  Now if I wanted to convert one of the KDE education programs
to run under Sugar and meet the human interface guidelines how much
work would using QT instead of GTK really save me?  I'd still have to
pretty much rewrite the UI anyway.  I've thrown together a few
toolbars for Sugar Activities and it isn't that hard or even time
consuming.

There were some emails in the past on how Tux Paint can't save to the
Journal so you can't use it with Memorize, etc.  The GCompris chess
programs let you play with the computer but not with another child.

Maybe comparing this to MS-DOS under Windows 3.1 is a little harsh.
How about Windows apps running under Wine?

James Simmons