[Sugar-devel] Improving Reading Experience

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Jul 27 11:51:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com>wrote:

> Sounds like you guys are on the right track.
>
> What I want is a movie that is fun, short and upbeat and makes people see
> we have tons and tons of books for kids.

To make it fun, throw a soundtrack of something instrumental and colorful.
http://ccmixter.org is a good place to look for CC tracks, loops, beats,
etc. I used Audacity to layer up a couple of loops and beats for a looping
soundtrack for the Photo DVD.
http://www.legaltorrents.com/torrents/569-olpc-photo-dvd

Here's something that a group of students in Jamaica did. Notice the
background music. Its simple, but catchy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFmT-B-nibI

cheers,
Sameer

--