[Sugar-devel] Book bundles and Read

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:21:54 EDT 2009

Gary,

I was thinking myself that enhancing Get Internet Archive Books to
deal with local zip files of books as well as the Internet would be a
possible approach.  Currently GIAB produces and can be resumed from a
Journal entry but does nothing with it.  I might change that so it can
be resumed from a file of MIME type application/zip.  If it is resumed
from that it would check the Zip file for the catalog XML file and
build a user interface using that.  Maybe there would be a toolbar tab
named "USB" for this interface.

Resuming from a thumb drive does not present any security problems,
and I'd only read it, not write to it.

James Simmons