[Sugar-devel] Book bundles and Read

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:36:39 EDT 2009

Gary,

What Scotty wants is a listing that can be easily browsed, and which
shows image files for book covers.  The problem I have with USB
devices on the Journal is that they are listed in descending order by
the date and time they were created.  Even a few hundred books on a
USB stick isn't all that easy to manage.  (I have an SD drive with 2
GB worth of comic books and it really bugs me that they aren't in
alphabetical order).  Searching is fine if you know what you're
looking for.  In this case the kid might be asked by his teacher to
pick out a book from the "conduct of life" collection and do a report
on it.  In that case the kid really needs to be able to search the USB
drive as if it was a real bookshelf, look at the book covers, read
descriptions, etc.  What I had proposed would allow that.

The idea is to provide books to kids that don't have access to the
Internet, either because it isn't available or because of parental
concern.

James Simmons