[Sugar-devel] Book bundles and Read

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:35:05 EDT 2009

Missing here is a way to handily install/uninstall a named set of works from
your journal/XO.

If you could search through the 2000 books on a usb stick, find 40 results,
copy those into your Journal as a named collection, and later choose to read
individual books (without making na addition on-disk copy) or uninstall that
collection (without individually uninstalling all 40 books), that would be a
good user experience.

The journal entry for reading a book from a collection could be a metadata
entry with all the informatino about the book, but could point to the
existing collection (at appropriate index even) for the work itself.

The catalog file with the data about all 40 books should be searchable
through the journal as well for every bundle, which would allow you to pull
up the collection when searching for one of its elements.  then you'd need
an additional info-rich detailed view for a collection within the journal
(which is needed anyway -- bundles are much more complex than a single text
file or image).

SJ