[Sugar-devel] status of "adding up to 10"?

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:20:58 EDT 2009

Crockford doesn't like it because if you forget to put new for a class
declaration that otherwise needs it, all the attributes in the class
are set on the global namespace. Hence, dangerous to forget.

He suggests using factory functions, that create and return objects instead.

Either way is fine, as long as your framework code is non-invasive.