[Sugar-devel] activity.info hosts

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 01:32:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering whether there were any plans to make use of the "hosts"
variable in the activity.info files to determine whether an activity runs on
the specific Sugar installation.

With 0.86 being on the horizont, 0.84 being used on SoaS, 0.82 being widely
used among the G1G1 community and some deployments and many deployment still
using pre-0.82 software I think the issue of activity compatibility deserves
some serious attention. Otherwise this has the potential to create _a lot
of_ confusion and frustration further down the road.

Not sure what the original plans wrt the technical implemention of this
feature were but I would assume the harder part of solving this problem is
spreading the word among activity developers to update their .xo bundles
accordingly.

Cheers,
Christoph

--