[Sugar-devel] proper use of self.set_canvas function

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:51:02 EDT 2009

Sumit,

I don't see anything wrong with what you are proposing.  Another
option you have, not necessarily better, is to define a VBox holding
the two different views of your Activity: the one where the game is
played and the one where you set up options.  By hiding one and
showing the other you can switch from one view to the other.  I do
something like this in all three of my Activities (Read Etexts, View
Slides, Get Internet Archive Books) where I divide the screen
vertically in half for some functions.  See the screenshots on ASLO to
see what I'm talking about.  I like how this works and looks.  Your
mileage may vary.

James Simmons