[Sugar-devel] GSoC Groupthink Update: SharedTextDemo-4

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 18 11:36:47 EDT 2009

Gary C Martin wrote:
> I just want to raise a note of interest. I've been pondering future
> possibilities for collaboration in Physics:
>
> 	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Physics
>
> Still early days for making a call, but Asaf has made great strides in
> getting Physics storing its world state to Journal.

That's very interesting.  It would nicely avoid the solving the really
hard problem of maintaining real-time coherence between two
nondeterministic physics engines over a slow link (which is really a
problem of chaos prevention!).

The first step is to ask: what form does the world state take?  If it can
be represented, for example, as a dict of object names and properties,
then you can simply use the shared-dict from groupthink.  Of course,
getting changes in and out of the model is not so easy.

--Ben