[Sugar-devel] Share sugar objects on a standalone server

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Jul 16 20:17:13 EDT 2009

Hi all,

One of lacks that sugar environment has is simple way to share sugar
objects for broad audience i.e. like scratch community has[1]
(thanks to davidmorris form #sugar).

So, I've created [2]. Original idea was having highly integrated sharing
features into sugar shell but looks like we can do simple things first
and even utilize only Browse for browsing/download/upload sugar objects.

The problem is - what web engine we should use.

* Utilize AMO[3] engine which is used in activities.sugarlabs.org
  in that case we can create something like library.sugarlabs.org to not
  mess it with ASLO
* School Server
* Moodle
* ...