[Sugar-devel] GPA School Visit report for Tuesday July 14

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 15:25:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Sean DALY<sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> To minimize this risk, for the first run of Sugar Labs branded sticks
> I had chosen an LED-equipped model, everybody including kids can
> figure out what to do / not do depending on light status.

That's intuitive but... not quite true right now. It is reasonable
_only if we can get the "lazy sync" mode going_. With async (which is
what we have), the kernel may have dirty pages but won't write them
immediately even if the disk is idle.

You may have up to 5s of no LED activity, which can be very misleading.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions