[Sugar-devel] livecd-creator creates ISO without /home

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Jul 14 09:41:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm getting a .ISO without a /home despite the filesystem rpm being
installed, and I'd really appreciate any tips on debugging this or
hints as to how this might happen.

This is with the example .ks and I can get livecd-creator to work on a
number of other machines.  If I chroot and install the same filesystem
rpm again (--force of course, since it's already installed), I do get
a /home.

I'm running:

$ setarch i586 sudo livecd-creator --skip-compression --cache=../cache
-t /home/mtd/xo-soas/images -c
/usr/share/doc/livecd-tools-024/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks

on a machine like:

# uname -r
Linux benderxxx 2.6.29.4-167.fc11.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 27 17:27:08
EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and I'm getting a filesystem like:

http://people.sugarlabs.org/~mtd/soas-xo1/livecd.ext3_listing

The output of the livecd-creator command is:
http://people.sugarlabs.org/~mtd/soas-xo1/livecd.buildlog

Any help much appreciated.

Martin