[Sugar-devel] Request to add webkitgtk as a external dependency

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:40:12 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I am planning on merging the epub-support branch with mainline in Read
sometime this week. This adds a dependency on webkitgtk and
pywebkitgtk. Since the version of pywebkitgtk shipped in both Fedora
and Ubuntu are way behind the latest release, I plan to ship that with
the activity bundle for now (I have posted a request on the Fedora
bugzilla about packaging the new version of pywebkgtk).

This mail is a request/proposal to add webkitgtk as an external
dependency for either Sugar or Read This means

a) sugar-jhbuild depscheck needs to check for webkitgtk
b) The Read package in various distros need to add webkitgtk as a dependency

Thoughts ? Comments ?

Thank you,
Sayamindu

--