[Sugar-devel] Sugar on Beagle board.

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 01:51:33 EDT 2009

Hi

On 7/8/09, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero <rafael at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Irc bernie was telling me that you might have some written
> documentation about how
> to install Sugar on the beagle board,

no, unluckily I don't have any written documentation, and lately I
didn't have time to work on it (I've also been away from my main
computer for a while, sorry for the late answer)

It is currently possible to use the openembedded dev tree to build an
image that includes sugar and can be installed on the beagleboard, but
it's still missing at least a dependency

if you have any question about it feel free to ask; often I'm also
online on irc in #sugar, #oe and #beagle on freenote, as valhalla

> I'm kind of investigating this kind of enviroments for Sugar
> solutions, so i was wondering if you can share the documentation with
> us? it would be very useful.

As soon as there is some, of course I would be glad to share it;
anyway I'm trying to get something that can be installed like any
other Angstrom beagleboard image, using the existing documentation.

Another option that I didn't try yet would be to install debian on the
beagleboard and apt-getting sugar, but I'm afraid that it would
include version 0.82 of sugar.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

email: elena.valhalla at gmail.com