[Sugar-devel] [Systems] Sugar on a Stick Problem

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:43:40 EDT 2009

Hi Marc,

Have you gotten the stick to work on any computer? It maybe a bad stick.
Make sure you formated to FAT, its named FEDORA and that you ejected it
properly after burning it.  Plus sometimes the sticks are just bad out of
the manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Caroline

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> The Systems list is for discussion of SugarLabs network services. Your
> question is better suited to Sugar-Devel, and I've CC'ed it on this
> message.
>
> -lf
>
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 09:10, Marc Karasek <marckarasek at comcast.net>wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get sugar on a stick to work on some old notebooks, toshiba
>> and fujitsu.
>>
>> I have a 1GB usb stick.  I used liveusb to create the filesystem and also
>> burned the soas-boot cd for the systems (they do not have a boot from usb
>> option).
>>
>> When I try to boot, it gets a squashfs read error on one system and has a
>> problem mounign the usb on another.  Do you think this is a asystem
>> problem
>> with the notebooks or is something else going on?

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com

617-500-3488 - Office