[Sugar-devel] Please use "Feature 0.86" category for all 0.86 features

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sun Jul 12 03:51:51 EDT 2009

On 07/09/2009 08:47 PM, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think having all 0.86 features in one category "Feature 0.86" makes process
> easier(for developers and users).

The Feature Process is outlined at
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy#What_does_the_feature_process_look_like.3F)

What does the feature process look like?

Individual features are tracked on separate wiki pages in the Features/
namespace. Individual features are organized using categories.

    1. New feature ideas may be added at any time to the wiki
           * Features/<FeatureName> (Category:FeaturePageIncomplete)
    2. New feature desired for a particular release is targeted as such
and feature page is complete
           * Feature owners believes feature is ready for presentation
to the Release Manager for acceptance
           * Features/<FeatureName>
(Category:FeatureReadyForReleaseManager)
    3. Feature passes sanity check by Release Manager
          1. Accepted: feature moves to
Category:FeatureAcceptedSucrose<version>
          2. Denied: feature moves in Category:FeaturePageIncomplete for
rework or future resubmission

Accepted features - in the category FeatureAcceptedSucrose0.86 will be
shown in http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.86/FeatureList. Please use the
policy outlined above. Is maybe a bit of bureaucracy the first time, but
I would like us to get used to the process.

Thanks,
    Simon