[Sugar-devel] Initial implementation of toolbars design

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 03:11:22 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Walter Bender<walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> One comment re Write toolbars: there are numerous reports from the
> field that we don't support bulleted lists, et al. I think the
> pull-down menu on the style tab is not discoverable (in fact pulldown
> menus in general in Sugar are difficult for people).

I'll add those to [[The undiscoverable]]. I think part of the problem
is that when unformatted text is selected the menu appears with only
one item visible: None. Unless the user notices the little up
arrowhead and moves the cursor up to reveal the rest of the menu,
Styles remain a mystery.

Is there some reason why we don't show the whole menu with the current
style highlighted? This would mean not having Heading 1 pop up right
under the cursor.

Which pull-down menus in other activities have problems?

> Be great to turn
> those options into buttons.
>
> -walter
>
> --