[Sugar-devel] Bug tracker enhancements

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sat Jul 11 00:52:15 EDT 2009

I spent a couple hours playing w/ redmine version 0.84 this morning. It
is still relatively tedious to manage large #'s of users compared to
Trac. The trunk version promises much better user management. I will
report back on this after working on it w/ bernie.

I think redmine in general is much easier to use but it might not
provide enough additional functionality to justify the pain of
migration.

> - versions per component: a really simple enhancement would be to have
>> text field (maybe some versions (sugar core) you can select from) but
>> that we do not have to keep the list updated for each activity

In the trunk version, components should copy target versions from the
parent project when the component subproject is created but probably
won't be updated when new target versions are added to the parent
project. Will have to see this firsthand though when i work w/ the
trunk.

>> - milestones should be on a component basis as well (similar to
versions)

That is easy. But harder to tie tickets in components to versions for
that component, but perhaps not possible to tie them to milestones of
the parent project.

>> - I want to make certain fields only being available with certain
>> permissions (a milestone and priority can only be set by the
mainteiner,
>> the severity by the bugsquad (see new fedora policy))

This is definitely feasible for certain fields but afaik not for the
milestone or priority. I will look for haqs for it though, as there are
many, many redmine hacks

Hopefully, I will have sommething to show u folks in the next couple
days

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director