[Sugar-devel] Nobody understands "Keep"

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Jul 10 10:05:47 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:01:19AM -0400, Eben Eliason wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:28 AM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> > But are you meaning that we should name the current one "Keep a copy"
> > and when we have versions add "Keep"?
>
> No, no. I'm urging that we name it "Keep new version" now if we rename
> it, so that it's meaning doesn't change down the road when versions
> are introduced.

"Keep new version" seems a lot closer to a description of the
implementation than of the user-desired result.  Unless this "new
version" becomes the active one (i.e., the one upon which the user
continues to work, assuming they don't close the application), isn't
the result of the button press better called "Keep[ing of a] backup
version"?