[Sugar-devel] Bug tracker enhancements

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Jul 9 01:45:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

Our current trac instance is missing some basic functionality:

- versions per component: a really simple enhancement would be to have a
text field (maybe some versions (sugar core) you can select from) but
that we do not have to keep the list updated for each activity

- milestones should be on a component basis as well (similar to versions)

- I want to make certain fields only being available with certain
permissions (a milestone and priority can only be set by the mainteiner,
the severity by the bugsquad (see new fedora policy))

- having a clear separation from the Soas component - if we have the
things from above this is maybe not as critical, otherwise I would
suggest to get a new instance for Soas

Can someone help to get there? Is trac giving us that functionality?
Other trac software we should consider (besides bugzilla :)?

Thanks,
    Simon