[Sugar-devel] SoAS Testing with XS

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jul 8 20:40:23 EDT 2009

On 9 Jul 2009, at 01:20, Walter Bender wrote:

> My laptop (jhbuild) and Classmate (running the same Strawberry
> version of SoaS) both connected to the jabber server and were stable
> on the same network as the other machines.

Well that's good news I guess :-)

Is the SoaS for your Classmate on an actual USB stick? Next time you
have the chance, can you boot that USB stick from one of the failing
machines, and vice versa, to be sure it is machine specific rather
than software specific.

Hmmmm. I guess the MAC address of the school equipment network cards
'could' be part of the school network filtering set-up, but I'd assume
they'd just go and filter every machine rather than going to the
trouble of filtering just a list of school equipment.

Regards,
--Gary