[Sugar-devel] SoAS Testing with XS

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 8 19:17:46 EDT 2009

Caroline Meeks wrote:
>    1. Fix Jabber collaboration - We have a mysterious bug (that is also
>    being worked on in parallel) that keeps dropping the connection to the
>    externally hosted Jabber Server (jabber.sl.org)

That's irritating.   Have you tried other servers? For example,
schoolserver.media.mit.edu has been very reliable for me.

OLPC ran collaboration jabber servers for very large numbers of people
following G1G1, and the only major problem was server overload (when
serving far more than 18 users).  It is possible, and maybe the people who
built those servers have some advice.

--Ben